|Birth name||Kjetil-Vidar Haraldstad|
|Born||28 June 1973|
Øyer, Oppland, Norway
Frost has previously performed with Gorgoroth, Zyklon-B, Gehenna and Keep Of Kalessin. He originally joined Satyricon temporarily to record the demo The Forest is My Throne, later joining the band full-time. He has a degree in Engineering, having taken a course in Computer Science at the University of Oslo.
He is regarded as one of the fastest and most proficient drummers in the black metal and extreme metal genres. Frost employs various drumming styles when performing with different bands; in 1349 and early Satyricon he extensively uses blast beats, with his most recent work in Satyricon being more thought-out and mid-tempo. On 1349's 2009 studio album Revelations of the Black Flame he played at a slower speed as it was a more experimental album, but for every other release by the band he has consistently played at higher speeds. On all Satyricon albums his role is credited simply as "battery".
Frost was denied entry to North America by the US Department of Homeland Security upon failing to note having been sentenced to 5 months for assault (during a bar fight in the early '90s) when applying for his work visa. On 1349 tours before 2008, he was replaced by Tony Laureano. Joey Jordison and Trym Torson have performed with Satyricon on North American tour dates. He later was able to perform again in the United States.
He appeared in the documentary film Until The Light Takes Us as part of an art piece by Norwegian artist Bjarne Melgaard, featuring him firebreathing, cutting himself with a knife, and destroying the set.
Since 2018 Frost adapts a mostly plant-based vegan diet. He says that he has shown appreciation for good food and believes it will be the future in terms of what humans consume on a daily basis. He predicts that "the world will be completely different on the subject of food — and even quality of food, actually." Frost also says that his diet helped him become more productive with Satyricon.
Drums: Tama Starclassic Bubinga:
- 24"x18" bass drums (x2)
- 12"x9" rack tom
- 13"x10" rack tom
- 14"x11" rack tom
- 16"x13" floor tom
- 18"x16" floor tom
- 14"x5.5" snare
- Iron Cobra Power Glide Kick Pedals
- 16" A Custom fast crash
- 16" K Custom fast crash
- 14" K light hi-hats
- 17" A Custom fast crash
- 20" FX Oriental china "trash"
- 9.5" Zil-Bel Large
- 11" FX Oriental "trash" splash
- 14" A Custom fast crash
- 10" A Custom splash
- 14" Special K/Z hi-hats
- 17" K Custom dark china
- 18" A Custom crash
- 21" A mega bell ride
- 20" FX Oriental crash of doom
- 16" FX Oriental china "trash"
|1993||Dark Medieval Times||Satyricon|
|1995||Blood Must be Shed||Zyklon-B|
|1998||Destroyer (one song only)||Gorgoroth|
|2003||Reclaim||Keep of Kalessin|
|2004||Beyond the Apocalypse||1349|
|2006||Ad Majorem Sathanas Gloriam||Gorgoroth|
|2008||The Age of Nero||Satyricon|
|2009||Revelations Of the Black Flame||1349|
|2010||The Underworld Regime||Ov Hell|
|2014||Massive Cauldron of Chaos||1349|
|2017||Deep Calleth Upon Deep||Satyricon|
- "Frost: Confessions of a drummer". theothersidezine.com. 2013-08-23. Retrieved 2017-04-22.
- "Metal Archives". metal-archives.com. Retrieved 2018-08-08.
- "1349 interview". tartareandesire.com. June 2003. Retrieved 2011-12-07.
We share our rehearsal-room with Satyricon, and we asked him to do the drums on a demo, and when he later heard the material for "Liberation" he wanted to be a full-time member.
- "Frost: Confessions of a drummer". theothersidezine.com. 2013-08-23. Retrieved 2018-08-08.
I took a course in Computer Science at Oslo University, graduating with an engineering degree.
- "Top 10 Best Drummers in Metal". loudersound.com. 2016-09-15. Retrieved 2018-08-08.
- "Frost: Confessions of a drummer". theothersidezine.com. 2015-05-05. Retrieved 2018-08-08.
I think that the way I play in Satyricon has come to be a lot about groove and taking things down, making it simple. It is much more mentally than physically demanding."
- "10 Questions with Frost of Satyricon". firstorderhistorians.com. 2013-08-23. Retrieved 2018-08-08.
Drumming in 1349 is really physically demanding, (...) where fundamentally different approaches apply."
- "SATYRICON Frontman Talks About FROST's Visa Problems". blabbermouth.net. 2004-04-18. Retrieved 2018-08-08.
(...) you have my drummer who did a five-month sentence for a bar fight and can't get into the country.
- "1349 Drummer Rejoins Band In Chicago Following Visa Delay - May 1, 2010". Blabbermouth.net. 2010-05-01. Archived from the original on May 3, 2010. Retrieved 2011-12-07.
- ""Kill Me Before I Do it Myself" Bjarne Melgaard". bukowskis.com. 2001–2002. Retrieved 2018-08-08.
Kill Me Before I Do It Myself” har visats hos Galeria Laura Pecci i Milano, då black metal-musikern Frost också gjorde en performance i utställningen, och på Kunsthalle zu Kiel i utställningen ”Interface to God” 2002.CS1 maint: date format (link)
- "SATYRICON Drummer Believes Veganism Is 'The Future'". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 2018-09-18.
- "Kjetil "FROST" Haraldstad". tamadrum.co.jp. Retrieved 2017-04-22.
- "Kjetil-Vidar Haraldstad". metalstorm.net. Retrieved 2017-04-22.
- "1349 - Liberation". Sputnikmusic. 2005-01-26. Retrieved 2011-12-07.
- "1349 - Hellfire". Metastorm. 2005-10-24. Retrieved 2011-12-07.
- "1349 - Demonoir review". Metastorm. 2010-05-26. Retrieved 2011-12-07.